Our neighborhood had its first ever 4
th of July parade. I hadn't really given it much thought until Friday. I figured the boys would enjoy decorating their bikes and riding in it. So I ran to Party City on Friday to get some things. Unfortunately, we didn't decorate Friday evening and did it when we woke up on Saturday morning. The parade started at 9 and we didn't rush out of bed! Well we didn't have much time and we were only able to decorate Blake's bike. We threw some stuff on Ben's little bike, but he didn't care. He was still excited. It was threatening rain, but we only had a few sprinkles. The turn out was not that good, but everyone still had a great time. Hopefully it will be a yearly event and there will be more people next year. We ended in the
cul-
de-sac and there was a big water slide and
popsicles that the kids enjoyed.
Excited to ride their decorated bikes




Brooke wondering what this is all about

Addy


Let the parade begin



The end of the parade


The boys with Kate and
AJ
Brynna

Ben's first slide....looks a little nervous

Blake trying to spin


More excited

Pardon the head, but I thought Blake's expression was great!

Finishing up in the pool at the bottom

Sweet Brooke ready for her nap

Celebrating her first 4
th of July. So patriotic!!


1 comment:
I love the top pic, love the decorated bikes, love how the Murphy police come to shut down the street for 9 bikes :), but I have to comment on Brooke- WhO is that big girl?? Oh my!
Post a Comment