Ben had what I thought were a few bad mosquito bites. He had one big one on his arm, and then had a few on his face. Well these mosquito bites would not go away and then they began to multiply and started showing up on his back and more on his face. So I took him into the doctor and it even threw the nurse practitioner for a loop. She first said she thought it was pityriasis but that it didn't look like the typical case. She called in a doctor to look at him and they determined it was definitely pityriasis. Basically, it's a bad rash that can last typically for 4-8 weeks and supposedly "harmless". Based on how he looked, "harmless" was not what you were thinking. Thankfully his teacher's son had gotten it before, so she was completely aware of it and not worried. He looked horrible and I started to panic about our trip to San Antonio. I quickly went out and bought a swim shirt and some gentle sunscreen. It lasted for about 6 weeks. Hopefully we will not see pityriasis again at the Baldwin house!
What they call the "mother herald" that was the first one
No comments:
Post a Comment