Saturday was a sad day for our family. We had to put our cat, Clyde aka Fuzzy, to sleep. I had taken him to get groomed a week ago and they did all his annual stuff. After checking out they told me he had lost 2 pounds and they would recommend blood work soon. On Saturday, I noticed he was not looking right and when he stood to walk his back end was wobbly. It was 11 am and all the vets closed at 12. I found a place that would work us in and I took him. The blood work was done and the vet told me he was in kidney failure. His numbers were really, really bad. I wasn't too shocked as this happened to the last
Himalayan cat I had, although he was 7 when he went into kidney failure. I was of course upset and didn't know what to do for the kids sake. I talked to the vet and she said she would give him fluids and that I could take him home to say our goodbyes then bring him in on Monday to be put to sleep. As I was checking out, I get a phone call from Blake asking if I was bringing Fuzzy home and if he was
ok. I assured him I was bringing him home, hung up and lost it. I knew it would be a tough weekend.
After thinking about it, I decided I couldn't go all weekend knowing we were going to have to put him to sleep or have him suffer anymore. We took some pictures and then we told the boys Saturday evening that he was very sick and that he had to go to the Animal Hospital and that we wouldn't see him again. The tears were instant and Blake was really upset. Then his sidekick, Ben, followed his lead. It was a hard few minutes, but then we were
ok. There has been a lot of talk since but nothing too emotional. I was glad that we celebrated
Fuzzy's big
10 year birthday in March (a plea from Blake). Crazy to think that Brent and I got him right when we got back from our honeymoon. The boys loved him! They would chase him around the house all day long. He knew when they were away as he would instantly come out of hiding. He will definitely be missed, but I can honestly say (after the emotions) I am looking forward to getting rid of all the long hair in my house. Here are a few pics of our goodbye....



1 comment:
Oh STef! I had no idea about Clyde the 2nd.
So sorry. I know you loved that cat. Thankfully you guys have a new little love bug to occupy your time soon!
Post a Comment