Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Blake's First Day of Kindergarten

Blake started kindergarten on Monday. He was really excited about it and went in with no problems. When I picked him up he said he had a great day. He said his favorite things were chapel and story time. He also got to bring a show and tell item. He chose to bring his magnifying glass. He has another one of Friday, so we will see what exciting thing we will chose. We had to pack his lunch, and if you know Blake this can pose a problem. The kid is a very picky eater and doesn't eat much that is not heated. He tolerates peanut butter and honey and I was happy to see that he ate half his sandwich. He keeps talking about a friend named, Hunter. We will see if this is the next Jorge, although I doubt it. I have yet to figure out which little boy he is. There are 6 boys and 1 girl in his class. They are all early 5's (mostly summer birthdays). So it's great they are all young kindergartners and most will go to public kindergarten next year.

Ben missed having Blake around. We have had fun playing together and running a few errands. It is so much easier with just one. We were even able to go to the grocery store on Monday for an enjoyable visit. I'm looking forward to having special time with Ben.



Blake and his teacher, Mrs Byrne

1 comment:

The Sanderfords said...

He looks so happy! So great he had a good first day. Can't wait to hear more about Hunter:)