Wednesday, June 16, 2010

South Padre Island

Brent had another conference that was being held in South Padre. We hadn't planned on going but at the last minute Brent's dad thought it would be good if we went. We had talked about taking the kids to the beach later in the summer and then this came up. It worked out well since Grand and Pops joined us and were there for reinforcement. Much better than attempting it on our own especially with Brooke.

The kids did great on the flights. The boys did without their dvd player as Brent ended up checking it as I was in line trying to get Brooke as a lap child. I was a little worried, but they are old enough that they were fine. Brooke enjoyed her very first flights. She explored and played the first hour and then took a nap the second hour on both flights. Here is a picture of her I took on my phone on the way home.

The boys loved playing in the ocean and the sand. I only took my camera down one day as I was nervous it would get wet and sandy.

Our suite up there on the 7th floor

My body surfers

Sand Castle time

Blake's 3 sand castles...I think he went on to build 6 total
Ben wanted to go out and body surf some more

Now time for some sand castles

There are not a lot of pictures of Brooke. We used her nap times to take the boys down and play. All she would do is eat sand, so we decided she could do without the beach. The hotel had a great baby pool that I took her and Ben to once. There was a nice, large platform that Brooke loved to crawl on, but she would either crawl out of the pool onto the hot brick/concrete or crawl right into the pool. She was so fast. I would sit down right near her and then she would take off and I struggled to get to her before she was head first into the 1 foot pool. So her pool time ended quickly and she never went back. Here is Brooke on her 9 month birthday hanging out in the room.

Poor Brooke getting to try on Pop's hat

Before our dinner on the final night

The firework show to end the conference

A little overexposed but I still like it
Adios South Padre.....View from our balcony

No comments: