Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Blake's School Party

Last Tues, Blake had his end of the year party at school. He was really excited that I was going to come join the celebration. Blake had a wonderful school year. He has learned so much. We loved his teacher, Mrs. Carruth, who actually goes to our church. Small world! So crazy to think he's headed to Kindergarten in August (well via a church kindergarten before public kindergarten the following year).

Blake came home the first day of school and I asked him who he played with. He said Jorge. Everyday since he always says he played with "His Buddy, Jorge." Blake and Jorge are night and day when it comes to size. It's pretty funny. One day Blake's Grandy went to school and read to Blake's class . She called Jorge, George, and Blake thought that was hilarious!

Another funny story was when we were at our neighbors birthday party one night. All the kids were doing the pinata in the backyard. We didn't really know any of the other kids at the party. Blake was standing there watching and out of nowhere this boy threw Blake to the ground. Not sure really why, but it happened. Blake stood up shocked at first and then he started crying. I couldn't really hear him, but Brent was dying laughing. I asked him what was so funny, and he told me Blake was saying, "He doesn't know that I am Jorge's special friend." From the pics below, I think you will find that Jorge might have been Blake's bodyguard.


Watching Mrs. Carruth prepare the fruit salad....



Blake is the "duck" during a fun Duck, Duck, Goose game......




Being chased by the "goose"......



Blake loved the bubbles.......



Blake, Jorge, and Arianna.....



Blake and Jorge being dancing partners for the silly song that was on. This was really funny....



Blake and Mrs. Carruth.......


3 comments:

Jill said...

I want Jorge to be MY bodyguard!

Love the story about the party. Sweet Blake!

Miss you tomorrow :(

Jill

the bakers said...

blake and jorge...what a pair! i love that!

btw, did you know that mrs. carruth (i'll refrain from posting her first name for all to read)is a good friend of angie's?

hope you guys are doing great! i am loving keeping up with your fam via your blog...keep posting!

Two Sisters said...

I'm laughing outloud! Sweet Blake:).